Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spiritual Rx for Today:

 

Spiritual Rx for Today:

 

If I regarded my life from the point of view of the pessimist, I should be undone. I should seek in vain for the light that does not visit my eyes and the music that does not ring in my ears. I should beg night and day and never be satisfied. I should sit apart in awful solitude, a prey to fear and despair. But since I consider it a duty to myself and to others to be happy, I escape a misery worse than any physical deprivation.
Helen Keller   Deaf and blind from infancy; played a leading role in most of the significant political, social, and cultural movements of the 20th century.

 

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.                                                                                                                                  
 
             Sir Winston Churchill.   The Great Commoner, Nobel Prize in Literature, British Prime Minister, one of the greatest statesmen in world history.

 

He raises up the poor from the dust; he lifts the needy from the ash heap to make them sit with princes and inherit a seat of honor; for the pillars of the earth are the LORD’s, and on them he has set the world. 1 Samuel 2:8 (from Hannah’s Prayer)

 

To Practice This Thought: Trust, believe and endure. You are the likeness and image of a good and gracious God. Rise up and succeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment